Here is a list of incidents where people got arrested for taking pictures of military installations. None of these incidents occured in North Korea.
- Greece: Game developers faced with espionage
- UK: Teenager wrongfully arrested for taking pictures of public military parade
- USA: Guy arrested in Boston for filming police
- USA: Mother of three arrested for taking pictures of tourist attraction at military airbase
Other incidents and discussions about taking pictures of military installations:
- Discussion on taking photos of military installations
- Taking photos of the inside of the military base from outside
- USA: Even taking pictures from your front yard of a car that crashed in your house can get you arrested
- Taking pictures of military installations: hear it from a lawyer
Taking pictures of military installations can be a risky business anywhere on Earth. Military personnel may sometimes tolerate pictures to be taken, but officially this is almost always prohibited. Even when it is perfectly legal to take pictures in certain areas, you still face the risk to be arrested and charged with terrorism activities.